I know that (at least) Bruce and Pierre have been known to work
throgh BLFS chapter-by-chapter when tagging, but I always take a
different approach : build things I need and can use for my starting
point, and for applications I want to be _sure_ before I tag them
(twice in the past I've been bitten by inadequate versions of
ImageMagick, so I try to test thoroughly - for AV, that includes
ripping and recoding).  So, to minimise us stepping on each others'
toes, this is my current plan:

I had hoped I was going to start from a Fedora host this time, but
as I've just noted on lfs-support: that no longer boots to a working
desktop (it was fine when I shut it down a few hours before, and I
was actually looking forward to the challenges).  So, my first two
builds, and perhaps all of them, will again be from LFS.  The first
will be on my haswell, I'll try building my normal desktop, followed
by most of xfce, most of gnome (I cannot test cheese, so I ignore
that and clutter, cogl, v4linux), and then midori.

Although I will be building cups and gutenprint, for the moment the
haswell does not see the printer - not sure what the problem is, that
part can wait.

My second build will be on my kaveri (not connected to a printer),
and there I will, I think, be building _all_ of Xorg  that is in the
book : but obviously I cannot sign off things like nouveau as
"tested".  On that build I will then try to build all of kde4 - at
least, I think it is all of it, I vaguely remember that last time I
tried kde4 something wanted mysql or mariadb and I do not build
either at the moment).

Then I'll be back on the haswell to build kde5 (except kdenlive -
again, I cannot test that).  Perhaps I'll waste an hour or two
trying to install OpenSuSe as a host for that [ no idea if that will
work ].

BTW - have we frozen yet ?

ĸen