I'm building a 32-bit version of BLFS on an Intel platform. I've spent most of the day trying to get a clean make check out of GLibmm, and it kept coming up with a fail on "giomm_tls_client/test". Mentions of that exact error in the BLFS mailing list archive say that the failure indicates a missing GnuTLS, but I knew that didn't apply to my situation. I rebuilt GnuTLS multiple times, even going back and rebuilding its dependencies.

After doing some research, I found a mention of glib-networking implementing the TLS back-end ( http://code.metager.de/source/xref/gnome/Bindings/glibmm/tests/giomm_tls_client/main.cc, which was probably in my source tree, but was easier to find on the Internet, oddly enough). It would seem that GLibmm depends on glib-networking to register that the GnuTLS backend is available. After I installed glib-networking, make check on GLibmm ran through without an error. It would seem that whether or not GlibMM is functional without glib-networking, it may/will fail at least that test if it doesn't find it.

Victor Wren