On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 09:11:28PM -0300, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
> Thank you for undoing all you can find that I did. Even when the book
> becomes worse (less exact) or even wrong.
>
> This is a characteristics I did not know you had.

Like every other editor over the years, apart from you, I do what
seems to me to be right.  I understand that you, on the other hand,
do what actually is right.  I am lucky that I have not had to put up
with the sort of comments you have directed at other editors.

For what it is worth, I am unlikely to waste my time on other
tickets for the next several weeks.

I understand that you disagree with my change to pango-0.40, and
perhaps you are correct - it was a month ago, and for once I did my
testing in /tmp and also put my intermittent notes there [ it was a
rush to get things in before -rc2 ].  I can recall that I built that
damned package several times, as well as checking things which used
it, and perhaps I used a version where I had not downloaded the
testfiles when I came to try to run the tests.

But I know you will not believe that - why attribute to accident or
incompetence that which can be attributed to malice ?

This post to which I am replying gives no context - I obviously did
something else to piss you off, but I have no idea what it was, and
I do not care.

As for tests in general: for most packages, and particularly for
desktop packages, the tests are rarely useful.  Where I can, I will
separate the time, and space, requirements for them.  In the last
few days I have seen posts from people on the lists who run tests,
so perhaps your attitude will prevail.

Meanwhile, I have nothing further to say to you.

ĸen