Hi,

I do not think many people use the "socket" network (virtual) transport in qemu. I like it, because it allows to have a network of VMs dissociated from the real network, without the hassle of setting NAT and packet filtering for allowing the VMs to reach the outside world (qemu does it for you). This setting is broken in 2.7.0. I reported the bug upstream and there is a fix. See https://bugs.launchpad.net/qemu/+bug/1640525. I am not sure the fix should be included in the book (I guess it will be fixed in 2.7.1 anyway). But I wanted to report here in case the subject comes to the lists.

Regards

Pierre