Thomas Trepl wrote:
Am Sonntag, den 04.02.2018, 12:18 +0100 schrieb Armin K.:
On Sun, 2018-02-04 at 11:42 +0100, Thomas Trepl wrote:
Hi,

got a abort message when compiling postgresql:

D_GNU_SOURCE   -c -o copy_fetch.o copy_fetch.c
copy_fetch.c:159:1: Fehler: In Konflikt stehende Typen für
»copy_file_range«
  copy_file_range(const char *path, off_t begin, off_t end, bool
trunc)
  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from copy_fetch.c:15:0:
/usr/include/unistd.h:1110:9: Anmerkung: Vorherige Deklaration von
»copy_file_range« war hier
  ssize_t copy_file_range (int __infd, __off64_t *__pinoff,
          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To me it looks like a clash to the standard library function
copy_file_range. It's easy to fix as postgresql's copy_file_range
is
static function. I did following sed

sed -e "s/copy_file_range/_&/" \
     -i src/bin/pg_rewind/copy_fetch.c

with which compilation was successfull. Donno whether it is caused
now
by gcc-7.3 and/or glibc-2.27 (on i686).

Have you seen that issue, too or is it something wired here
locally?

--
Thomas

 From what I've seen, glibc-2.27 introduced copy_file_range. You could
try and swap any instance of copy_file_range in postgresql with, say,
pg_copy_file_range to avoid conflicts (or try and delete
copy_file_range in pgsql entirely, and let it use the one from
glibc).

Yes, now found the statement in glibc's changelog

"* The copy_file_range function was added."

I'll add a small sed to the postgresql instructions as it is quite easy
to fix (and occurs only in one file).

Should I open/fix/close a ticket for that?

If you are going to go ahead and make the fix, then we do not need a ticket. We use the tickets to ensure we do not forget.

  -- Bruce