> Ah, so this is all specific to systems where gcc has been rebuilt to
> add extra languages,

maybe, maybe not, which is why I'm trying to reproduce it under a brand new
user account with as few
variables defined as possible under which, I downloaded ALFS trunk via svn
(ditto with LFS and
BLFS).

>  and then it gave problems with:
>
> · building mesa
>
> · building a new LFS

That's right. mesa was attempted once but the new LFS was retried many times
under different
conditions (one LFS built by hand with the only change was to install BLFS gcc
with extra languages,
another attempt under LFS which was built by ALFS on a debian base) and then
some more.

> If so, maybe people who rebuild gcc to add extra
> languages have some suggestions ?

Maybe but on this list, there has been no recent report since I've been
registered to this list (~2
months ago). I'll go as far as I can and will ask for backup if needed (most of
my work positions
have been like that. I take LFS as a job too).

Al