On 04/07/2018 03:01 PM, Ryan Marsaw wrote:
Hello all.

I believe this has been brought up in the past (albeit not directly -
almost as an afterthought) but it deserves to be addressed.

When building LibreOffice with system Harfbuzz, the latter needs to be
compiled with Graphite2 support.  If using system Harfbuzz w/o Graphite2
built in, I get the following config error:

[...]

checking whether the Boost::System library is available... yes
checking which graphite to use... internal
checking which harfbuzz to use... external
checking for HARFBUZZ... yes
checking whether system Harfbuzz is built with Graphite support... checking for hb_graphite2_face_get_gr_face... no
configure: error: Harfbuzz needs to be built with Graphite support.
Error running configure at ./autogen.sh line 289.

[...]

Otherwise one would need to use internal Harfbuzz AND internal
Graphite2.  ( Building LibreOffice with system Graphite2 but without
system Harfbuzz yields the following:

[...]

"configure: error: --without-system-graphite must be used when
--without-system-harfbuzz is used"

[...] )

On the Harfbuzz page under "Dependencies" there's a note that Graphite2
is "required for building texlive-20170524 with system harfbuzz." I
suggest that LibreOffice be added to that list.

OK.  I'll do that at my next commit.

  -- Bruce