On 18 April 2018 at 17:45, Tim Tassonis <st...@decentral.ch> wrote:

> I'm not asking for inclusion into blfs-bootscripts and also agree with
> Bruce that pppoe maybe is not the bright future of internet connectivity, I
> just wanted to share it in case someone has a similar setup.
>
> It (pppoe) may not be the "bright future of internet connectivity" but
here in the UK many people (myself included) still rely on ADSL and the
copper pair supplied by British Telecom/Openreach; a company which, since
privatisation, is now pretty much a privatised monopoly.  Although, for
"privatised" read public limited company (plc).

If you look on amazon.co.uk you will see just how many big-name
manufacturers of routers have a version in their range that has a built-in
ADSL modem.  Although, personally, I prefer to use a separate modem
(usually a D-Link DSL320B) in bridge mode.  I can then use BLFS, or
OpenWrt, on the router itself, built by us, or commercially available.
Just out of interest I've been playing with one of these recently
https://www.gl-inet.com/ar150/ and they are really impressive, as, indeed,
is this company's whole range.

So, all I really wanted to say was that it's always useful to see how
others are handling ppoe.

Richard