Sorry, this thread has become private by my fault... Sending to the list.

On 25/04/2018 11:38, Tim Tassonis wrote:
On 04/25/2018 10:17 AM, Pierre Labastie wrote:
On 25/04/2018 00:44, Tim Tassonis wrote:
Hi all

I just saw that qemu 2.12.0 was released and since 2.11.0 had a stupid
keyboard bug that always printed a capital "K" on Shift-6, and the 2.12.0 rc
releases fixed that, I created an update ticket and assigned itto me.

I hope that this ok. I will of course change the audio driver list, as
suggested by Xi Ruoyao, to support pulseaudio. My suggestion is to still keep
alsa support alongside pulseaudio, is that ok with everyone?

OK with me. Just, if pulseaudio is needed for qemu, it should be promoted to
recommended.

It is not, it is fully optional.

Well, I'm not sure what the conclusion of the other thread is:
if I understand correctly, using "--audio-drv-list=alsa" for qemu when
pulseaudio is running may result in a deadlock.
So , you suggested using "--audio-drv-list=alsa,pa", didn't you?
I guess this allows to choose between alsa and pulseaudio at runtime.

Now I see you have only modified the command explanations in qemu,
but not the instructions themselves. In this case, pulseaudio is still
optional.

But if "--audio-drv-list=alsa,pa" is in the instructions,
then pulseaudio should be recommended, I think.

Pierre