On 2018-09-07 17:59, Bruce Dubbs via blfs-dev wrote:
Right now on the keyutils page we say that the package does not have a
test suite.  This is incorrect.  The tests can be run with:

sudo make test

There are a couple of problems with this.  The tests fail if certain
kernel options are not set.  In addition, if the tests fail, they stop
immediately.

I did not try 'sudo make -k test' and I can't retry without rebuilding
the kernel again and removing some options to force a failure.

The setting I needed to set were:

CONFIG_BIG_KEYS=y
CONFIG_KEY_DH_OPERATIONS=y
CONFIG_CRYPTO_DH=y

I'm not sure those are comprehensive because I had some options in the
Security options and Cryptographic API sections previously set (most,
if not all, the defaults) before I started checking this out.

The question is whether it is worthwhile to document these tests or
just continue to ignore the regression tests.

Note that the kernel option descriptions say

  If you are unsure as to whether this is required, answer N.

for CONFIG_BIG_KEYS and CONFIG_KEY_DH_OPERATIONS.

Opinions?

  -- Bruce

I'd say it's worth documenting, considering what the Crypto API does.

Do you want me to attempt a test with 'make -k check'? I can do so on this system, I don't have those options configured in my kernel. It'll have to wait until I'm done playing with js60 though.