On Sat, Dec 08, 2018 at 11:11:03PM +0100, Pierre Labastie via blfs-dev wrote:

> Excluding the archive and the .svn directories from the search, it goes down
> to 70. Still a lot of work though. Do I understand correctly that we could
> remove reference to P2, when it is an optional dependency (even if it cannot
> be replaced with P3)?
>
> I've made a small xsl stylesheet to extract python2 dependencies. Here is the
> list: package plus dependency type. The stylesheet did not do well with python
> modules, but I think it is not that important.

I think you are looking at an old version of the book, maybe 8.3 ?

e.g.
> ----------------------------
> Package: nodejs-9.11.2
>   required
> ----------------------------
> ----------------------------
> Package: HarfBuzz-1.8.8
>   optional

However, I suspect that the packages using 2.7 are probably the same.

And I'm somewhat reluctant, for the moment, to stop mentioning 2.7
where it is optional.  But to move building 2.7 modules to optional,
or even to remove/comment the instructions (unless they are thought
to be required) seems fine.

ĸen
--
I'm saving up 22 shillings and 10 pence (almost a pound!) per week to
buy an ARM-13.