On 6/1/19 6:07 π.μ., Ken Moffat via blfs-dev wrote:
[ changing the subject for this old mail from last month, I've
   only just had time to retry the rustc build ]

I changed the subject in turn.

On Tue, Dec 25, 2018 at 09:07:57PM +0200, Thanos Baloukas via blfs-dev wrote:
Note that I've never installed libssh2. Rust downloads it, so for me
it should not be required. 1.31.0 had downloaded libssh2-sys v0.2.11
that 1.31.1 used as well, and on my previous system rustc-1.27.0 had
downloaded v0.2.6

I think I replied to that part last month - the download is a cargo
file, I suspect it links to system libssh2.

But as I said I've never installed libssh2.
On my system rustc-1.31.1 is linked to

gcc-8.2.0
glibc-2.28
llvm-7.0.1
openssl-1.1.1a
zlib-1.2.11

find /usr -iname "libssh*"
outputs nothing and there is nothing in /opt

Rust is a mystery. :)

--
Thanos