On 01/23/2019 01:33 PM, Brendan L via blfs-dev wrote:
I noticed some of the projects that switched to meson haven't set and
default buildtype, which means a debug build is produced.  Most of the
gnome projects that switched set a default buildtype to debugoptimized
which is equivalent to -O2 -g (which autotools did).  The book should
probably set debugoptimized to the packages that don't have a default
buildtype set.

These are the projects in the book without a buildtype that I could find:
dconf
libinput
file-roller
glib-networking
gnome-calculator
gnome-system-monitor
libsoup
seahorse
gnome-control-center
gnome-settings-daemon
gnome-shell
baobab
epiphany
nautilus

Actually, that is covered at http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/stable/introduction/notes-on-building.html#stripping where all packages can be done at once instead of modifying a lot of individual package instructions.

  -- Bruce