On 6/27/19 7:32 PM, hykwok1--- via blfs-dev wrote:
On 6/26/19 8:59 PM, hykwok1--- via blfs-dev wrote:
1. Xinit 1.4.1

Can anyone expain why we have to use the parameter
"--with-xinitdir=/etc/X11/app-defaults" for Xinit?

That's because I find that the folder "/etc/X11/app-defaults/xinitrc.d" is not created while some applications
will install thier >"sh" files to "/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d". As a result, those "sh"
files will not be read by Xinit program.
Hmm.  I do not have a /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d directory.  Which
packages do that?
I found a file "50-systemd-user.sh" in the folder "/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d".
No idea what package created it.....

It seems that systemd creates it to create the user session for any users that use "startx" - allowing services such as at-spi2-dbus, emacs, gnome-shell, evolution-, thunar, or xfce4-notifyd to start as a normal user rather than as root.

That seems to be a systemd specific thing:

renodr @ POOH [ /sources ]$ cat /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/50-systemd-user.sh
#!/bin/sh

systemctl --user import-environment DISPLAY XAUTHORITY

if command -v dbus-update-activation-environment >/dev/null 2>&1; then
        dbus-update-activation-environment DISPLAY XAUTHORITY
fi

renodr @ RABBIT-ELOGIND [ /sources ]$ ls /etc/X11/
app-defaults  xorg.conf.d

I think that should be okay. I've tested GNOME, Plasma, and LXDE on my systemd machine repeatedly over the past few years and never had a problem