On Sat, Aug 03, 2019 at 03:25:48AM +0100, Ken Moffat via blfs-dev wrote:
> It looks as if pango-1.44.1 breaks pygtk :
>
> in the build -
>
> pango.c: In function '__PangoFontset_class_init':
> pango.c:5526:5: error: unknown type name 'PangoFontsetClass'; did you mean
> 'PangoContextClass'?
>  5526 |     PangoFontsetClass *klass = PANGO_FONTSET_CLASS(gclass);
>       |     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>       |     PangoContextClass

The problem is that in pango-1.44 a lot of things which used to be
in the headers are now in -private headers which do not get
installed (and cannot be installed).  And the implementation details
have changed.

A look at the xrefs shows the following mention pygtk -

openbox: if using external dep Obmenu to configure, required

keybinder2: recommended

pycairo - a comment re needing python2 for pygtk

vte2: optional

gimp: recommended

nmap: optional, for zenmap

avahi: optional

I've no idea about keybinder2, but it seems to be python2.

For gimp, it builds if --disable-python is used.  Surprisingly, a
lot of gimp users have python2 plugins in the belief that python is
easier than scheme!  So, a less than ideal build.  I'm pressing on
with that to see how the rest of this build turns out.

I've also posted to gimp-dev.

ĸen
--
One pill makes you larger, And one pill makes you small.
And the ones that mother gives you, Don't do anything at all.