On 12/02/2020 22:11, Bruce Dubbs via blfs-dev wrote:
I have updated plasma to version 5.18.0.

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/kde/plasma-all.html

The instructions for starting plasma are to add:

  dbus-launch --exit-with-session $KF5_PREFIX/bin/startplasma-x11

and this works fine on my system.

In addition, plasma now has a version using wayland,
  startplasma-wayland,
but that does not work for me.  It seems to start up OK, but comes up in a window less than the full size of the monitor.  It also ignores any mouse click or keyboard inputs, although the cursor does change shape when moving into the window.

The keyboard does respond to Ctrl-F2, etc and from there I can look at the processes running and kill the instance and several aux processes that are started.

I'd like to request that someone build this verion of kf5-5.67 and plasma-5.18 and see if this behavior can be confirmed.  In the meantime, I do not plan on mentioning wayland in the plasma section of the book other than the build dependency.

Any insight is welcome.

  -- Bruce

A note. We do have

  as_root install -dvm 755 /usr/share/wayland-sessions &&
  cd /usr/share/wayland-sessions/ &&
  [ -e plasma.desktop ]                                      ||
  as_root ln -sfv $KF5_PREFIX/share/wayland-sessions/plasma.desktop

which was added by DJ for dispolay managers to find Plasma, but as a minimum the 'plasma.desktop' entries still need to be changed to 'plasmawayland.desktop'.

Plasma starts fine here

dbus-launch --exit-with-session startplasma-wayland

echo $XDG_SESSION_TYPE
wayland