On 2/15/20 9:51 PM, Bruce Dubbs via blfs-dev wrote:
On 2/15/20 9:00 PM, Xi Ruoyao via blfs-dev wrote:
Though it's named "polkit-gnome", but now it's only used by XFCE and GNOME
doesn't use it at all.  gnome-shell has built-in polkit agent.

It's not used by network-manager-applet?

As far as I know, it is used by nm-applet. At one time, I remember gparted being able to use polkit-gnome as well. I think moving it to a more generic place (maybe Chapter 12, System Utilities) would be a smarter option, probably after the release.
And, notification-daemon is not used by GNOME.  Maybe we should also move it
somewhere.

We only reference it in libnotify and lxde-common.  There is an alternative (xfce4-notifyd) for it in both packages.  Should we remove notification-daemon completely?  The differences though are the dependencies.  notification-daemon seems simpler.

I do not have a problem moving n-d to Chapter 12, System Utilities.

I don't have a problem with this either, but I will note that the dependencies for xfce4-notifyd are a lot more complex (it looks like it needs xfce4-panel and libxfce4ui, which with xfce4-panel is a large chunk of XFCE that you'd have to build in order to use it. I think moving notification-daemon to Chapter 12 would be start, but I'd vote for a change like that after release.