A few hours ago I put gimp-2.10.16 into the book, after giving it
some short tests re photo editing, help, and a brief test of using
brushes.  Now that I'm checking my mailboxes I found the following
on gimp-dev:

| On 2/21/20 8:57 PM, Ell via gimp-developer-list wrote:
| > Hey, we're doing a ninja 2.10.18 release.  There was an ugly data
| > corruption bug in 2.10.16
| > (https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/issues/4643) -- good thing we
| > didn't announce it yet, huh? :)  We want to do it later today or
| > tomorrow (more likely).  Just a heads up, if you have some last-minute
| > fixes to push.
|
| Well, this wasn't actually supposed to go to the list, but whatever.  If
| anyone is already using 2.10.16, you might want to revert to 2.10.14 for
| now.  There should be a new release soon.

That reply (also from Ell) suggests the release might take a little
longer.  For the moment, I'll wait and see,

Meanwhile, I advise people not to use 2.10.16.

ĸen
--
We hope and trust that our valued and loyal customers will bear with
us in the coming months as we interact synergistically with change