On 2020-06-19 19:49 -0500, Douglas R. Reno via blfs-dev wrote:
> On 6/19/20 5:04 PM, Bruce Dubbs via blfs-dev wrote:
> > On 6/19/20 4:57 PM, Ken Moffat via blfs-dev wrote:

> > > Yes, we can use current FF68 source for js68.  That will still
> > > require python2, probably for ever.  And that is my initial plan
> > > (basically just reinstate a separate entity for js68).
> > >
> > > A possible future alternative is to reinstate the cut-down FDO
> > > version of js68 source, with xry111's patch to use python3.

The patch can be applied to Firefox ESR tarball, but only to build standalone
JS.

> > Well it certainly would be nice to get polkit to do an update.

polkit js68 MR is merged.  Now the maintainer seems preparing a new release.

> Adding into this is the complexity of gjs. I'm not sure whether or not
> gjs-1.66 (to go along with GNOME-3.38) is going to use js78 or not. I
> haven't seen anything from the distributor-list at GNOME yet.

gjs policy is to upgrade mozjs version when a new ESR is released:

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gjs/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md#L230

Firefox 78 is planned to be released on June 30th.  GNOME 3.38 is planned to be
released on late September.  So it seems they'll migrate to JS78. But OTOH BLFS-
10.0 will keep to use JS68.

--
Xi Ruoyao <xry...@mengyan1223.wang>