On Sat, Sep 05, 2020 at 04:45:49PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs via blfs-dev wrote:
> I'm running into a problem with the glib-2.64.5 tests.  Two tests are
> failing that I don't think failed before:
>
> 166/270 glib:gio / tls-certificate
> 168/270 glib:gio / tls-database
>
> They both have:
>  Can't find module 'gnutls-pkcs11' specified in GIO_USE_TLS
>
> When I look at glib-networking-2.64.3/NEWS, there is a comment:
>
> 2.59.1 - November 11, 2018
>
> This release removes the gnutls-pkcs11 backend, which was disabled in
> 2.57.2, due to lack of any feedback whatsoever regarding its disablement. If
> you think it is still useful to you, given that the normal gnutls backend
> now supports PKCS#11, speak up now.
> ---------
>
> Indeed we don't list glib-networking as a (circular) dependency of glib.
>
> I can disable these tests, try to fix them, or just document the test
> failures.
>
> The problem with fixing the tests is that I can't find where it defines
> 'gnutls-pkcs11'.
>
> Which is the best way to go?
>
>   -- Bruce

I was going to reply, then I saw that the book had now been updated.
But rather than leave the isuse dangling for someone else to come
across later, I'll record what I found.

I saw the same failures, and in my case they are caused by my
.xinitrc.

I had a comment in the changes file on this machine:
# 2017-10-17 Add GIO_USE_TLS=gnutls-pkcs11 for browsers using glib-networking

and then a straight
export GIO_USE_TLS=gnutls-pkcs11

That seems to have come from

https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=blfs-dev@lists.linuxfromscratch.org&q=subject:%22%5C%5Bblfs%5C-dev%5C%5D+Can%27t+browse+https+sites+with+WebKitGTK%5C-based+Epiphany%09or+Midori%22&o=newest&f=1

We used to mention it under glib-networking, although the text is
commented.  Google suggests that happened after BLFS-8.3, but
clearly we didn't all notice that.

Unsetting that before rerunning ninja test, all 270 tests are ok.

ĸen
--
I could not live without Champagne.  In victory I deserve it, in
defeat I need it.  -- Churchill