On Sun, 2020-09-20 at 17:22 -0400, Joe Locash via blfs-dev wrote:
> I've been battling this problem and would appreciate a sanity check.
> In my testing of lxde any screen session I start and then detach from
> gets killed when I logout. If I bypass lxdm by changing run level to
> 3 and using startx to start lxde and then logout the screen session
> survives.
>
> This also happens in a systemd build.
>
> It's not a config issue. I build both elogind and systemd to not kill
> user processes on logout.
>
> Thoughts?

Been pinged privately, but answering publicly. Sorry for not doing that
earlier. I usually use gdm, and have never tried to keep any personal
process open when loging out.
But now, as you may have seen from the ticket, I've built lxdm (under
gtk+-3), so I can try to reproduce.
If I understand correctly, you start a screen session under lxde
(started with lxdm), detach from that session (I'm not sure how to do
that), then logout, which means you get back to the lxdm loging screen.
But all your processes are killed then (including screen). You test
that through a ssh connection or so?

the other way, you start lxde from a linux console, you sart screen and
detach, then you exit lxde, then you logout from the linux console. Or
are you doing something different?

I'll try and get back when I can confirm that behavior.

Pierre