On 10/12/20 9:41 PM, Bruce Dubbs via blfs-dev wrote:
I have been struggling today to get a satisfactory build of mupdf-1.18.0.  I can get it to build, but it also builds its own copies of curl, freeglut, freetype, harfbuzz, lcms2, ligjpeg, openjpeg, and zlib and links them into the executables.

There is supposedly a way to use system libraries for the above, but the procedure for using it in this version of the package breaks the build.

The build procedure for this package is custom. There is a manually edited  Makefile, but no configure.  The details of a build are not documented and difficult to discern when reading the Makefile.

In BLFS we already have evince and okular that provide the same functionality as mupdf.  Is there any reason to not just archive mupdf.

http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/ticket/14110

  -- Bruce

The primary reason not to archive MuPDF is that IIRC cups-filters needs it to function properly (it uses mutool)