When building samba with required and recommended and dependencies (but
without dbus installed) on a SysV machine, I get (configure output):
-----------------
[...]
VFS_STATIC: vfs_default,vfs_not_implemented,vfs_posixacl
VFS_SHARED:
vfs_recycle,vfs_audit,vfs_extd_audit,vfs_full_audit,vfs_fake_perms,vfs_
default_quota,vfs_readonly,vfs_cap,vfs_expand_msdfs,vfs_shadow_copy,vfs
_shadow_copy2,vfs_readahead,vfs_xattr_tdb,vfs_streams_xattr,vfs_streams
_depot,vfs_acl_xattr,vfs_acl_tdb,vfs_preopen,vfs_catia,vfs_media_harmon
y,vfs_unityed_media,vfs_fruit,vfs_shell_snap,vfs_commit,vfs_worm,vfs_cr
ossrename,vfs_linux_xfs_sgid,vfs_time_audit,vfs_offline,vfs_virusfilter
,vfs_widelinks,vfs_snapper,vfs_fake_acls,vfs_nfs4acl_xattr,vfs_error_in
ject,vfs_delay_inject,vfs_syncops,vfs_dirsort,vfs_fileid,vfs_aio_fork,v
fs_aio_pthread,vfs_gpfs,vfs_btrfs,vfs_glusterfs_fuse
PDB_STATIC: pdb_smbpasswd,pdb_tdbsam,pdb_ldapsam
PDB_SHARED:
AUTH_STATIC: auth_builtin,auth_sam,auth_winbind,auth_unix
AUTH_SHARED:
NSS_INFO_STATIC: nss_info_template
NSS_INFO_SHARED:
CHARSET_STATIC:
CHARSET_SHARED:
IDMAP_STATIC: idmap_tdb,idmap_passdb,idmap_nss,idmap_ldap
IDMAP_SHARED:
idmap_ad,idmap_rfc2307,idmap_autorid,idmap_rid,idmap_hash,idmap_tdb2,id
map_script
GPEXT_STATIC:
GPEXT_SHARED:
PERFCOUNT_STATIC:
PERFCOUNT_SHARED:
RPC_STATIC: rpc_mdssvc_module
RPC_SHARED:
Checking for dbus
: not found
vfs_snapper is enabled but prerequisite dbus-1 package not found. Use -
-with-shared-modules=!vfs_snapper to disable vfs_snapper support.
(complete log in /sources/samba/samba-4.13.0/bin/config.log)
-----------------------------------
Note that "vfs_snapper" is in the long list after "VFS_SHARED:"

This does not show up in systemd, and in my usual builds, I build dbus
earlyn so it does not show up either. This time I have randomized the
order of the requested packages (before running the blfs-tools
dependency resolver), so it happens that samba is built before dbus.

Owing to the fact that vfs_snapper may be disabled (see above), I'd add
dbus to the recommended dependencies (only for SysV, of course).

Is there a reason to either:
- not do that
- add it to required?

Pierre