On 10/29/20 5:22 AM, Pierre Labastie via blfs-dev wrote:
As the subject says...

But another possibility is to not propose P2 modules at all for those
packages. I'm almost sure nothing uses P2 modules for those packages:
Markupsafe is here only for Mako and Jinja2, and we build only P3 for
those packages. PyYAML is optional for llvm and kf5, and I think those
use P3 only now...

Let's drop p2 from instructions where it is not needed by something in the book. I do not see a problem with having p2 as an optional dependency though.

Looking I now see p2 instructions for D-Bus Python, PyCairo-1.18.2, PyGObject-2.28.7, libxml2-2.9.10, lxml, MarkupSafe, PyYAML, and six. However as best I can tell in the python modules section only PyCairo-1.18.2, PyGObject-2.28.7, and libxml2-2.9.10 need p2.

Of course the biggest problem appears to be those packages that need pygtk which uses PyGObject-2.28.7 and PyCairo-1.18.2.

  -- Bruce