On Fri, 2020-12-04 at 09:17 -0600, Douglas R. Reno via blfs-dev wrote:

> On 12/4/20 3:03 AM, Wayne Blaszczyk via blfs-dev wrote:
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > Spent the last hour racking my brain on why Gentoo, Arch, and Fedora had
> > version 247.1
> > Turns out that they are pulling from
> > https://github.com/systemd/systemd-stable
> > I didn't know this repository existed.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Wayne.
> >

> Hi Wayne,
>
> They started doing that around 243 I think, but started tagging point
> versions around 245.
>
> In LFS, I have a patch that takes care of the changes in 247.1 and some
> other fixes (for systemd-networkd). Generally I just backport fixes that
> are applicable to {,B}LFS systems rather than trying to update it every
> time.
>
> Unfortunately, BLFS will be out of date when it comes to systemd for at
> least the next render. I'm working on that as quickly as I can, but I
> decided to do a full rebuild to see if any issues with udev rules come up.
>
> - Doug

Thanks Doug,

My LFS build has just completed and on the reboot, the following failure occurs:

Dec 05 03:51:14 lfs02 systemd[212]: systemd-oomd.service: Failed to determine
user credentials: No such process
Dec 05 03:51:14 lfs02 systemd[212]: systemd-oomd.service: Failed at step USER
spawning /lib/systemd/systemd-oomd: No such process
Dec 05 03:51:14 lfs02 systemd[1]: systemd-oomd.service: Main process exited,
code=exited, status=217/USER
Dec 05 03:51:14 lfs02 systemd[1]: systemd-oomd.service: Failed with result
'exit-code'.
Dec 05 03:51:14 lfs02 systemd[1]: Failed to start Userspace Out-Of-Memory (OOM)
Killer.

Not sure if you have come across this. I'll investigate in the morning.

Wayne.