Dr. Edgar Alwers wrote:
I just made a compilation of a 2.6.13 kernel for my LFS/BLFS6.0 During the boot procedure, the PC stops for 3 to 4 minutes "populating /dev with device nodes" Under the 2.6.8.11 kernel, this point takes some seconds. What could be the problem ? Under both kernels /dev has some 650 items, and no significant diferences can be observed on the first glance.
Thanks for your advices,

Tip #1 - don't "reply" to a post when you're posting a new problem. It screws up email threading for those of us using sane MUAs. Tip #2 - what version of udev do you have installed? As of linux-2.6.12 (I think), more recent versions of udev are required. i.e. if you're using 2.6.1{2,3} you really do want udev-068 installed!

Regards,

Matt.