> Declan Moriarty schrieb:
> >Recently, Somebody Somewhere wrote these words
> >
> >>Hi, this is my first post...
> >>
> >>I've successfully set up LFS 6.1 and installed Xorg 6.8.2 on my home
> >>PC (AMD Athlon 1GHz, 512MB, ATI Radeon 9200 DRI working). Now my
> >>problem is that my mouse doesn't work correctly. I can move the
> >>cursor but it jumps from here to there without control.  I have a
> >>simple optical Logitech 3-Button-Wheel mouse ("Wheel Mouse M-BT58")
> >>connected via USB. My kernel has full USB support (HID) and hotplug
> >>is working (recognizes USB Mem-Sticks - works) but it doesn't
> >>recognize the mouse. Instead the mouse is recognized as a PS/2
> >>device!  - cat /dev/input/mouse0 produces output on mouse-movement -
> >>different settings for mouse protocol in xorg.conf don't solve the
> >>issue - cat /proc/bus/input/devices says PS/2 mouse found
> >>
> >>Does this make sense to anybody? I can post my log/config files if
> >>needed.
> >>

> >Why not take lessons from the other thread running on this?
> >
> >The same stuff applies
>
> Maybe you're right. I've read this thread but it moves into the wrong
> direction. The issue in the other thread is triggered by cpu load and
> (as it seems) dma problems. I'm pretty sure my problem is either a
> kernel-config or a hotplug/udev issue.

It doesn't say "logitech fancy protocol mouse" or whatever. If it finds
it on the usb port, it's matching a protocol, and they call that ps/2
IIRC.

What mouse modules have you loaded? The 2 definitive modules are
usbmouse and psmouse (I think). A serial mouse can work off usbmouse.ko,
and a usb mouse off psmouse.ko (here at least). But not all is happy.

If it's compiled in, let's see the config options

--

        With best Regards,

        Declan Moriarty.