On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 14:27 +0500, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> Simon Geard wrote:
> > Yes, I've now got 7.0 working - didn't try 6.9 after the first failure.
> > The nVidia drivers work fine with it too, although while drivers go to
> > the right place (/usr/lib/xorg/), they do try to put a couple of
> > libraries (libXvMCNVIDIA*) into /usr/X11R6/lib.
>
> Could you please post the detailed NVidia instructions one they are ready?

There's not actually that much to say - the latest drivers (8178, not
sure about earlier ones) install fine, exactly the same as for previous
X versions. It correctly worked out where X is installed to, putting the
drivers in /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers, as you'd hope.

The only thing it does wrong is a couple of libraries (libXvMCNVIDIA*),
which gets installed to /usr/X11R6/lib. Not sure what these actually do,
but I assume they can safely be moved into /usr/lib.

Simon.