On Tue, 2006-06-06 at 09:02 -0600, Peter B. Steiger wrote:
> Now all the icons appear correctly, but yet again my contacts list is
> gone!  I cleaned out my test user's entire /home directory so there
> would not be any previous config files in place, started up again so
> Gnome could build whatever it wanted from scratch, and it still won't
> let me add contacts... the menu option is there, but does nothing when I
> click on it.  And when it's working, an empty contact list comes up with
> a message in the contacts window saying there are no contacts; when it
> doesn't work, that window is blank when there is an empty contacts list.

That's exactly the problem I used to have, but I've never had any such
issues since upgrading to Evolution 2.6.

Out of curiosity, do you have similar problems with the various
calendaring functions? On Evolution 2.4 and most of the 2.5 series,
selecting "New -> Meeting" (or any similar command) was enough to lock
the program completely - something I'd traced to thread locking while
trying to connect to evolution-data-server. Logged a bug for it, but
I've never had much luck dealing with the Evolution developers on
bugzilla...

Simon.