On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 23:13 +0200, Esben Stien wrote:
> I'm looking to upgrade to xorg-7 from xorg-6. I know this will be a
> challenge, but we have to find some sort of solution.
>
> Any pointers as to how to proceed?

The SVN book was pretty straightforward and easy enough to follow.  I
made some additional notes as I went along, mostly about figuring out
dependencies, that I'd be glad to send you if you think they might help.

One thing I did to save time was build and install both as root, so I
could put configure && make && make install all into one script and save
myself a lot of typing.  I managed to get the whole thing done over one
weekend, about 6 hours total. (any normal person could do it in an
afternoon, but when you have a wife, two teenagers, and a dog underfoot
you don't have so much time to tinker with the OS)

--
Peter B. Steiger
Cheyenne, WY