Matthew Burgess wrote:
Dan Nicholson wrote:
On 10/5/06, Matthew Burgess <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

doc/install.html just
mentions 'make install'.  Having never touched Mesa before, I've no idea
why one would want to use 'bin/installmesa' as opposed to 'make install'.

The developer just added the `make install' target a couple months ago.

http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=users/krh/mesa.git;a=commit;h=37d6682b5536d170f4ae8dbf947fe31b7632157b
You can pass INSTALL_DIR and DRI_DRIVER_INSTALL_DIR if you want to do
a DESTDIR style install. See configs/default like Luca said.

Thanks, that's good to know. When I tried 'make install' I couldn't get it to install anywhere other than /usr/local so I simply reverted to Mesa-6.5. Now that I'm rebuilding again anyway I'll give 6.5.1 another shot.

Well, I got it to install thanks to those 2 variables. Now xorg-server doesn't like it:

Creating destination directories for glx module ... DONE
Checking that the source files exist for mesa module ...
error: /sources/blfs/Mesa-6.5.1/src/mesa/shader/slang/library/slang_version_syn.h not found configure: error: Failed to link Mesa source tree. Please specify a proper path to Mesa sources, or disable GLX.
make: *** [xorg-server] Error 1

Sure enough, there's no slang_version_syn.h in that directory. There is a slang_pp_version.h though. Was this another thing that temporarily went AWOL in this release? I see it at http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=users/krh/mesa.git;a=tree;h=69d0dc43d295a151c933f4149fe1db93e9e3bf3f;hb=80e4964754a0348c10a09e359f119b633f4f658d;f=src/mesa/shader/slang/library (uggh, I hate gitweb URLs!) but I don't know enough about git to determine what branches/tags it was included in.

Thanks,

Matt.