On 12/18/06, Ken Moffat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 03:59:31PM -0600, Arnie Stender wrote:
> >
> >  checking host system type... Invalid configuration
> > `x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu': machine `x86_64-unknown' not recognized
> >
>  which is the standard "my cpu family is newer than this configure"
> problem - copy config.{guess,sub} from wherever (e.g. automake).

You should be able to find recent ones in /usr/share/libtool.

> /me shudders at the thought of using gnome-1 ;-)

:) OT: At work we have to use these old Solaris and HP-UX hosts with
their awful Motif interfaces. Vomit. We even have a whole cluster of
RHEL3 boxes, but our sysadmin sucks so bad that they're basically
unusable. I asked if we could enable X11 forwarding in SSH and he
asked me what that was. This coming from a 25 year "professional".

--
Dan