Cliff McDiarmid wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm trying to build the latest kdebase-runtime 4.3  with phonon from
> qt-4.5 - at least thats what kde wants me to do

No, KDE does not say that.  You should build Qt "-no-phonon" if you are
using Qt only for KDE.

> cmake finds headers/libraries but then build stops with:
>
> phonon/kded-module/phononserver.h:26:36: error:
> Phonon/ObjectDescription: No such file or directory
>
> It seems to want to use phonon from qt in /opt rather than the other
> version I have installed in /usr. I understand this is right, is it?.
>

>> From the cmake configure output it is finding the version under qt,
>> but still fails to find the above file(it exists) when compiling.
>
> Can anyone suggest a reason for this on LFS?  Has anyone had similar
> problems?

It is possible that this will work if Qt was built with Phonon, but
since Qt Phonon is not what KDE requires, you MUST install the KDE
Phonon package:

ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/phonon/4.3.0/phonon-4.3.0.tar.bz2

You should install this with the same: "-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=<path>"
as you will use for KDE.

Since there are other packages required, I would just install KDESupport
which is available only from SVN:

http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4/LFS#Library_Requirements

svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/tags/kdesupport-for-4.3/kdesupport

You need the other stuff which is listed there as well!

You also need: "shared-mime-info" and "Boost".  Note the instructions
for getting KDE packages to build against Boost built from source.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch