On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 14:19:25 +0000, Ken Moffat <zarniwhoo...@googlemail.com>
wrote:
> On 3 March 2010 13:49, Aleksandar Kuktin <akuk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Then should libdrm be built as soon as possible when bootstrap building
>> BLFS so as to minimise the chance that some other package will build
>> against Linux drm headers? And try to prevent interface incompatibility
>> in that way?
>
>  If by "as soon as possible" you mean "after the xorg libs,
> before Mesa / xorg-server / xorg video drivers" the answer
> is yes.

Why "after xorg libs"?  I generally build libdrm very early on, largely due to
its minimal dependency tree.

I did notice that it now checks for Cairo, so there's another circular
dependency there, but it doesn't seem to mind building before any of the
xorg bits, including the libraries.

Regards,

Matt.