On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 10:39:53PM +0000, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 07:53:20AM +0100, Thomas Trepl wrote:
> > On Tuesday 22 March 2011 02:59:09 Ken Moffat wrote:
> >

> > >  Thanks for this, I was planning to move to 3.6.15 when I've
> > > finished migrating my data to my new server, now it looks as if I'll
> > > be trying 4.0 (on old, or patched, gtk2).
> > Please report how things are going!
> >
>  Can't even build it!  I'm trying on my most recent system (the one
> with gnome-2.32 and what was the latest gtk+-2).

[ ... ]
> nsXPConnect.cpp:66:33: fatal error: jsdIDebuggerService.h: No such
> file or directory

 Sorted, after some amount of pain.  Two things are related to the
fix : first, I was using --disable-gnome-vfs with 3.6 : for 4.0 the
swith changed to --disable-gnomevfs (sounds like change for the sake
of it, to cause annoyance).  But, even after I fixed that, LIBXUL
was still being defined.  Looks as if any one of gnomevfs, gnomeui,
libnotify, and gconf enable the GNOME part of the build (to
paraphrase the configure script), and seem to do this.  Perhaps 3.6
is similar, but I suspect this has changed.  I used to use
--disable-jsd without any problems.  Test compiling xulrunner (or
part of it - tried it as a user and filled up /home !) showed that
xulrunner did indeed create that header, although how it does it is
opaque to me.  Anyway, it's in a directory under jsd/ so I tried
dropping --disable-jsd and I've now got a working 4.0.

 I *think* it's using my system libvpx (html5 certainly works at
youtube, and presumably in the video linked from the welcome
screen), but it doesn't show up in 'ldd'.  I can certainly see that
-lvpx was used during the build, so I guess it loads it dynamically.

 Full list of changed switches:

 disable-gnome-vfs -> disable-gnomevfs

 add --with-system-libvpx (it still tests for yasm, I'd added that
before I realised I could tell it to use my own copy, but I suspect
it will still fail to configure if yasm is not present - must be an
old verion of libvpx that mozilla are using.

 added --disable-javaxpcom : probably redundant (I don't have java),
I was struggling to find any options affecting xpcomm.

 remove --disable-jsd

 add --enable-system-pixman

ĸen