On 05/18/2012 05:57 PM, John Burrell wrote:

> When llvm was installed in /opt I could install mesalib albeit with a slight
> hiccough with makedepend.
>
> With llvm now in /usr, the mesalib make gives me a long list of unfound llvm
> libraries, ending with:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lLLVMCodeGen
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lLLVMScalarOpts
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lLLVMInstCombine
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lLLVMTransformUtils
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lLLVMipa
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lLLVMAnalysis
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lLLVMTarget
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lLLVMCore
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lLLVMAlphaDesc
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lLLVMAlphaInfo
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lLLVMMC
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lLLVMSupport
> make[4]: *** [lp_test_format] Error 1
>
> This not surprising since llvm installs:
>
>    /usr/lib/llvm/libLLVMScalarOpts.a
>    /usr/lib/llvm/libLLVMSelectionDAG.a
>    /usr/lib/llvm/libLLVMSparcCodeGen.a
>    /usr/lib/llvm/libLLVMSparcDesc.a
>    /usr/lib/llvm/libLLVMSparcInfo.a
>    /usr/lib/llvm/libLLVMSupport.a
>    /usr/lib/llvm/libLLVMSystemZCodeGen.a
>    /usr/lib/llvm/libLLVMSystemZDesc.a
>    /usr/lib/llvm/libLLVMSystemZInfo.a
>    /usr/lib/llvm/libLLVMTableGen.a
>    /usr/lib/llvm/libLLVMTarget.a
>    /usr/lib/llvm/libLLVMTransformUtils.a
>
> I won't list them all - I'm sure you get the point.
>
> These are all static libs. Is mesalib looking for dynamic libs - which I
> don't have installed?
>
> jb.

I've experienced it too. It is problem in llvm configure/make where it
does not set libdir correctly in llvm-config. Even if we change it using
--libdir=/usr/lib/llvm, llvm-config --libdir still shows /usr/lib as
libdir. Just change that parameter in /usr/bin/llvm-config from /usr/lib
to /usr/lib/llvm and you will be good.