On 07/08/2012 07:44 PM, DJ Lucas wrote:
> On 07/08/2012 10:36 AM, DJ Lucas wrote:

>>> There it is. I'm not using gdm so the x attributes aren't set. active =
>>> FALSE. Gnome only needs to be started by gnome-session in .xinitrc,
>>> thanks to the PAM configuration you added (dbus-lauch
>>> --exit-with-session is no longer required), however, I do not see
>>> polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1 in ps output. That'll give me
>>> something to work from, however.
>>>

>> Argh! You have this covered in the book already, I just didn't catch it
>> when updating my gnome scripts to latest. I didn't get the autostart
>> file installed.
>
> BTW, still not fixed. I'm unable to get an active ck session. Been
> staring at this all day and just now realized that the login-session-id
> was not set. Just rebuilt kernel with CONFIG_AUDITSYSCALL=y (I have no
> idea why I would have even messed with auditing support. Still not
> fixed, but I suspect it has to do with dbus-launch now. Will report back
> when fixed.
>
> -- DJ

You need to use ck-launch-session dbus-launch --exit-with-session
gnome-session

dbus-launch is needed if gnome-session is run from command line afaik ...

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/gnome/gnome-session.html

as you see there is full command in the configuration section.

To get valid session id, you need to use pam_loginuid and
pam_ck_connector in system session OR in login configuration file (the
consolekit pam adition)