Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 07:01:05PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> Ken Moffat wrote:
>>
>>> the interactive configuration on a previous version (lots of the
>>> options were antiquated).
>>
>> Ken, I don't think that net-tools is being maintained any more, but I
>> like the command line interface for ipv4.  Our copy is from CVS and on
>> anduin.  A simple sed should be sufficient.
>>
>>     -- Bruce
>>
>   Bruce, I was merely wondering if it would be better to encourage a
> manual configuration in this case.  The sed should be good enough.
>
>   Looking at the current text, I don't feel any pressing need to
> change the explanatory wording, apart from mentioning why a sed is
> now needed for the 'defaults'.

Are you suggesting:

sed -i -e '/Token/s/y$/n/' config.in

That would be the minimum, although there are a lot of things in
net-tools where unneeded things are built:

IPX
Appletalk
packet radio
X.25
Econet
Ash
ARCnet
SLIP
PPP
IPIP
STRIP
DLCI
FDDI
HIPPI
HDLC
IrDA
EUI-64
InfiniBand

We could create a downloadable input file and then do:

make config < net-tools-recommended.txt

There are other options:  create the file with an echo or make a patch
to change all the defaults to exclude the above irrelevant options.

   -- Bruce