Op 22-mrt.-2014, om 22:38 heeft Armin K. <kre...@email.com> het volgende
geschreven:

> On 03/22/2014 09:26 PM, Pol Vangheluwe wrote:
>> Op 20-mrt.-2014, om 00:16 heeft Fernando de Oliveira <fam...@yahoo.com.br>
>> het volgende geschreven:

>>> Sorry, I have no idea if the dev hit similar problem. I did not.
>>>

>>> --
>>> []s,
>>> Fernando
>>> --
>>
>> I rebuilt libcap with DESTDIR:
>>
>> pol@iMac400:/sources/libcap-2.22$ sudo make DESTDIR=/lib RAISE_SETFCAP=no
>> install
>>
>> and I indeed could then build ntp without errors.  Thanks for the hint.
>>
>> pvg
>>

> Latest libcap has way different instructions than that. You should stick
> to them.
>
> --
> Note: My last name is not Krejzi.
> --

You’re just going too fast for me (and my poor little iMac-400)…

When I started building LFS-7.2, it was in those days the most recent release (
I am doing this in my sparse free time).  But meanwhile you already released
LFS-7.5.
When I then turned to BLFS, 7.4 was the most recent, but meanwhile BLFS-7.5 is
there.

I am a bit reluctant to mix the most recent stuff from BLFS with my LFS-7.2
system, so I keep using BLFS-7.4.

For me, the ntp build issue is solved with the DESTDIR directive in libcap.
ntp is running fine now.  The only remaining question is of course why it was
not working with the instructions of BLFS-7.4, but this mystery must not
necessarily get an answer…
pvg