On Tuesday 08 April 2014 20:13:56 lux-integ wrote:
> I have a a computing-machine  with phonon-4.6.0.  I want to upgrade to
> phonon-4.7.1.
> ( http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/kde/phonon.html )
> And besides I dont think the old one was compiled with this  switch
> ' -DPHONON_INSTALL_QT_EXTENSIONS_INTO_SYSTEM_QT=TRUE'
>
> So Can I just compile and install the new version  (with this switch I now
> want ) or do I need to first remove the old version of phonon?

The switch forces phonon to install a plugin for Qt Designer and a mkspecs
file in $QT4DIR. If you are building from within KDE, they will otherwise get
installed in $KDE_PREFIX.

If you previously installed them in $KDE_PREFIX, you can just delete them. The
files are:
$KDE_PREFIX/plugins/designer/libphononwidgets.so
$KDE_PREFIX/mkspecs/modules/qt_phonon.pri

If you are not a Qt developer, the Qt Designer plugin doesn't really matter.
Not sure about the mkspecs file.

Sincerely,
Ragnar