On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 01:00:53PM -0800, Nathan Coulson wrote:
> I was beginning the journey to being flash free, but I am still stuck
> on one issue.  I have no sound in firefox when I do not use flash.
>
> This has only been tested using gstreamer 1.x (Currently 1.4.5, but
> been testing this ever since firefox supported gstreamer 1.x), I have
> not been installing gstreamer 0.10 on my system.  I do not know
> precisely what codec's are needed
>
> At the time I thought it was a codec or something not yet supported,
> but it looks like gstreamer 1.x should be well supported by now.
>
> Also in my latest test I set
> media.mediasource.mp4.enabled, and media.mediasource.enabled to enabled.
>
> Has anyone else successfully been watching firefox html5 video w/ sound?

 I think I have.  I say _think_ because I have used html5 since the
days when you had to use the beta, or whatever it was called - in
those days, clips with adverts did not play (no flash here).  Now, I
just click on a video and it works.  Well, I'm sure there will still
be some which do not, but everything seems to work - firefox-36.0
(and 35.0) with gstreamer-1.4.5, qupzilla with qt and legacy
gstreamer.  I do not know how to check which youtube format I am
watching.

 For audio, I always build all the plugins - with most of the deps.
I'm currently testing by watching what claims to be HD (720p) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBzV2MxrQMo - the first suggestion I
clicked on.

 I have both of those settings as false, and media.gstreamer.enabled
as true.  Also .webm and .youtubeonly are true.

ĸen