On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 02:08:31AM +0000, Ken Moffat wrote:
> I feel like a newbie, please be gentle :)
>
> I've now got kde running on this machine, and mostly configured.
> I'm hoping to use it here.  Previously I had tried kde in qemu and
> persuaded myself that it might be usable.  ISTR that I managed to
> configure the keybord in konsole so that the backaspace key worked
> correctly.  But that was with the versions in January or February,
> not the versions in BLFS-7.7.
>
> Now, using backspace in vim merges the next line onto the end of the
> current line, although using :u seems to undo it.  But I cnnot find
> the setting to configure it - 'Settings' at first gave me some
> options _without_ the useful option to change backspace, but with a
> weird option to do something like 'do not ask again', but now I
> cannot even get that.
>
> Help, please!

 Think I've found it - had to edit the 'profile' in 'Settings'
which offers me a tab for 'keyboard', and change that from Default
(xfree4) to Linux.  Not sure if everything is quite as good as it
used to be ?  No, definitely NOT quite as good as things used to be,
but this does seem to be less bad than it was.  Maybe I'll get used
to it.

ĸen