On 09/28/2015 01:04 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
Wayne Sallee wrote:

On 09/27/2015 05:55 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
Maybe the mistake is that that same command is in the .bashrc pointing
back to itself.

Perhaps, but where did it come from?  Not the book.

Book 7.7:

cat>  ~/.bashrc<<  "EOF"
|# Begin ~/.bashrc
# Written for Beyond Linux From Scratch
# by James Robertson<jameswrobert...@earthlink.net>

# Personal aliases and functions.

# Personal environment variables and startup programs should go in
# ~/.bash_profile.  System wide environment variables and startup
# programs are in /etc/profile.  System wide aliases and functions are
# in /etc/bashrc.

if [ -f "/etc/bashrc" ] ; then
   source /etc/bashrc
fi

# End ~/.bashrc|
EOF

As I said before, /etc/bashrc does not source anything by default. ~/.bashrc is
not the same as /etc/bashrc.

  -- Bruce

Yes, ~/.bashrc and /etc/bashrc are two different files. I was not thinking
strait.

Wayne Sallee
wa...@waynesallee.com