Am 16.09.2016 um 11:00 schrieb Cliff McDiarmid:
Thanks for that Ken, will try it, but me thinks it goes a bit deeper.
I have built now two times Framework and Plasma, with the results that after the initial starting procedure a black plasma screen shows up, with a functioning cursor, and nothing more happens. There are several similar cases mentioned in Google, with some hints like to cancel ~/.config and ~.cache, evtl also .kde and .local. None of this recepts helped. Also not the one mentioned by Ken, to change in kwinrc Enabled=true to false.

I gave it up, to try to start plasma ( the building process went without problems ). But I think, I can leave without it: I built the Xfce Desktop and Xfce is working smooth and without problems, is fast and uses not much resurces. I can recommend this solution.

At least according to my experiences, Plasma ist not yet ready for non distributors. KDE-Framework works with Xfce, Many utilities have not yet been ported ( e.g. KMyMoney, Digikam are on the way but not ready, kuser has not been ported etc.) See also KF5 Porting Status, http://developer.kde.org/~cfeck/portingstatus.html

Regards,
Edgar