Post LFS-7.10 Systemd
It seems default for dmesg is to yammer loudly onto the console.
This is not desirable. For example, whenever you add a new USB device you are
spammed like crazy with device ID, vendor, name and so on.
The switch I wish to use to turn this off is
dmesg -n 1
That will stop everything but panic messages.
However, this must be done every time you log on to the system.
In the old days, I would have put this in
/etc/rc.local
, but we have no such file in systemd. Dmesg also does
not appear to have a configuration file.
What can I do here instead?