Bruce Dubbs <bruce.du...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree.  That's because systemd is stupid.  They think everyone wants to
> run multiple X sessions on a system so they have this 'seats' thing.  They
> have this penchant for making Linux harder to understand and use.

> Think about it.  What does systemd offer you, the user?

Well, I can't argue the first point. When I first saw that systemd
was being implemented in Arch--my distribution at the time--I glanced
 over it and thought, wow, this is sure convoluted.

However, I like the service files; they're a heck of a lot easier
than the old fashioned init scripts. But things still are
rather convoluted internally.

If we could have the service file usage combined with the
simplicity of the old sysv, that would be awesome.

The way systemd handles processes seems a little neater, but they
introduced a whole lot of new terminology  that one has to become
accustomed to in order to make full use of the mechanisms.

So in that sense, they do indeed make things a little more
complicated than they need to be.

Unfortunately, it is also true that most distributions are moving to
systemd, so I finally gave in to the inevitable and started learning
about it. This led me to build it from the ground up, here.