On 05/18/17 09:37, Stuart wrote:
Just tried to install Java using the instructions from version 8.0 BLFS and I get the following:

root@Andromeda:/opt/jdk# java
#
#
#  Internal Error (os_linux_x86.cpp:291), pid=26627, tid=0xf657fb40
# fatal error: An irrecoverable SI_KERNEL SIGSEGV has occurred due to unstable signal handling in this distribution.
#
# JRE version:  (8.0_131-b11) (build )
# Java VM: OpenJDK Server VM (25.131-b11 mixed mode linux-x86 )
# Failed to write core dump. Core dumps have been disabled. To enable core dumping, try "ulimit -c unlimited" before starting Java again
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /opt/OpenJDK-1.8.0.131-bin/hs_err_pid26627.log
#
#   http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
#
Aborted

My kernel is 64 bit with 32 bit emulation enabled (Linux Andromeda 4.11.1-X64 #2 SMP Mon May 15 08:40:38 BST 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux)

My user environment is 32 bit using libc 2.25.

A google search has revealed this issue has been discussed in other forums some time ago and appears to have been fixed, does anyone have any suggestions has to what I am doing wrong ?

Thanks

Tried the 64bit Java install this morning on a 64bit chroot environment on the same machine and that works ok.