On 12/08/2017 00:51, Roger Koehler wrote:
Does anyone know why I am getting this error when installing gnupg?

/usr/bin/texi2dvi: TeX neither supports -recorder nor outputs \openout
lines in its log file

Note: I had to install fig2dev to get this far.

Hi Roger,
I recently documented the need for fig2dev, but I think I did not
test that it was usable (all of this is optional anyway). Sorry.

On my machine, I just tested that "tex -recorder" generates a
".fls" file, as per the documentation.

And also, I checked that "texi2dvi" could process a ".texi" file.
For that, I extracted texinfo from tarball, cd doc, and run
"texi2dvi -V texinfo.texi" (of course, any .texi file can be used)
The ooutput began with:
/usr/bin/texi2dvi: Processing texinfo.texi ...
/usr/bin/texi2dvi: Checking TeX \openout in log support...
/usr/bin/texi2dvi: /usr/bin/texi2dvi: running etex --file-line-error </dev/null '\nonstopmode' '\input' ./openout.tex ...
/usr/bin/texi2dvi: Checking TeX \openout in log support... yes

Just to check: is "etex" in your $PATH?

Pierre