Riccardo G Corsi wrote:
Hello, I've decided to stay on sddm as display manager for my kde/plasma (lfs-blfs 8.2)

To drop the annoying visual kbd: InputMethod= (erase qtvirtualkeyboard) in /etc/sddm.conf

I've used same instructions and pam configurations of blfs 8.1. All ok.

Just a question: in case of using lightdm, what are the suggested config files for pam configuration (lightdm and lightdm-greeter.) Default install?

I have not found a need for explicit pam settings for lightdm. I believe it just calls the /bin/login program which uses /etc/pam.d/login.

  -- Bruce