On 07/11/2018 09:52 AM, Riccardo Corsi wrote:

Hello. my proposal is to separate user profiles. Starting from BLFS-Basic (or better BLFS-core?) as proposed: "(BLFS) Desktop": everything and only what is needed to have a windowed environment with browser mail, etc.; "Server": all applications related to the server, e.g. Firewalls, mail servers, network monitors, etc.; "Programming": the entire programming area and some mononolytic applications (besides Java, Tex, Libreoffice). The idea is a path to quickly 'get what you need', simplifying the search for dependencies. In any case, LFS / BLFS remains an excellent project.

I like BLFS-Core. The other areas you suggest are really separate chapters in BLFS as it is now. The problem with the profiles you suggest is the dependencies that many different areas rely upon.

  -- Bruce